Saturday, May 7, 2011

First good drive

Today Sally and I just couldn't help it, we had to get out and enjoy the sun and take our first good drive of the summer season. We headed south towards Springville to get some supplies for Sally but when we got there  they were just turning the key to lock the door. It was one of those awkward moments when they don't want to see you because they are afraid you might ask them to open back up, so they walk away with their head turned and don't make any eye contact. That's ok, because we can use that as an excuse to come back on Monday on another drive! We then headed south and ended up west of Spanish Fork out in the farm country, by Lake Shore, Benjamin, and Palmyra. It's a great drive if you just want to take in the sights and smells of the country life! That area has special memories for me as it was the old stomping grounds of one of my best friends, Steve Davis. I found myself out there on countless occasions, helping with his house, building the barn, working on jobs together, or just to say howdy. We were inseparable for 27 years until he got colon cancer and passed away three years ago. I can't go in that area of the county without thinking about my old friend Steve. After our drive in the country we came home and I made my famous dish, "Saturday Night Special" for dinner. After we cleared up the dishes Sally had to mail a card to my nephew who is getting married, oh darn, we had to get in the car again because it was out! So we went on another hour drive out by the lake and the west side of Provo. Gas is cheap right, so why not? I was fun just being with Sally and taking in the cool night air. See you on our next ride.

1 comment:

  1. Awe...still sad that Steve is gone. The drive sounded nice though.

    ReplyDelete