Friday, May 6, 2011

"All tuned up"

I know you are thinking that I have been under the hood getting out the winter bugs and checking the oil and such, but you would be mistaken. I am playing on words! Yesterday I made a stop at "rip off Ralph's," as he is called, and purchased a new stereo for the Spitfire. I didn't want anything fancy, just to be able to listen to the radio or play my ipod as we roll down the road. That would be just great. I had a little problem because the person that owned the car before me cut a big hole for the stereo. Probably had a cassette player in it. This made it hard to get a smaller one to look good, and let's be honest, isn't looking good what this is all about? I had to insert a piece of wood to take up the extra room, this was a hassle to say the least. I had to remove the center console, not fun, and try and figure out the mess they did with the wiring under the dash. Needless to say I was 'til after dark getting everything hooked up, and at the big moment....... it didn't work! My first thought was "rip off Ralph" sold me a piece of junk, or I should have picked one from further down in the stack. You know when you go buy something and there are 20 to choose from and you bring home the one that is broken or doesn't work! So I took a deep breath and decided to go against my better judgement and look at the instructions! I know, I hate to have to admit this publicly but it happened ok and let this be the end of it. I found that I had a wire missing and as soon as I got that done, WOW!, the tunes came blasting out! I was so excited, and the "Bose" speakers I have I bought at a yard sale for $2.00! What a score! Well that's it really. So if you see a tiny little red car coming down the road with the music cranked, tell them to turn it down, unless it's me of course! See ya soon.

2 comments:

  1. Instructions eh? Gene you are too funny! Glad it all worked out. Looks fabulous! Enjoy! Mardi:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of the $2 Bose speakers. I'll have to take a ride with you and hear this new stereo system. And I'm also impressed you looked at the instructions! :)

    ReplyDelete