Friday, May 13, 2011

Date night food run!

Tonight is date night, so Sally and I made our weekly visit to the Taco Shop. It is not a place filled with romance and atmosphere but they sure have great Mexican food! Tonight was the first time in going there for years that the proprietor asked me if I was going to have my usual. I was surprised! I didn't think he was paying any attention. We wanted to drive the Spitfire which meant that Sally's dad would have to meet us there. He usually picks us up at our house and we go together, but tonight we wanted to drive around after. He is 80 years old now and it's fun to go with him and get his perspective on life on this big ol' planet earth. He is alone since his wife died unexpectedly 8 years ago. After we downed our food we said goodbye to Harold and putted around town for about a hour. We cruised the tree streets while admiring the architecture of those cool houses. Some are run down but most have a charm about them you don't find anywhere else in Provo. Some day it would be fun to live there but I don't think I could be happy among all those students again. We had enough of them at our old house. We made our way to campus and looped around lower campus. You have to be careful driving on campus because most of these kids are just a few years out of diapers and looking both ways before crossing the street is a concept that has not quite fully sunk in! This area will always have fond memories for me when I was a young kid at BYU. I think I flunked out of a class in everyone of those classy old buildings! Later we found our way down east center to have one last look at the Turkey vultures perched for the night in the Sycamore trees, being really careful not to drive right under them because that could completely ruin a fun night out. We then turned the Spitfire for home. Now for some British comedy before bedtime! I love Netflix!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun night! I still haven't seen the turkey vultures. I need to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great date night. I wish we had a Spitfire to drive around town in.

    ReplyDelete